10 Reasons Why I Homeschool
Editor’s note: I wrote “10 reasons why I homeschool” several years ago while I was still homeschooling. The photo is a picture of my husband and our two kids who had entered our homeschool support group’s cake baking and decorating contest for dads and kids. 😀
The best thing about this post is my daughter’s comment below it (see “Truly Blessed”), citing her “10 reasons why (she loved) homeschooling,” written after she went to college. Don’t miss it!
Anna Hawthorne posted a great idea on her blog today– 10 reasons why she loves to homeschool. These are my 10 reasons why I homeschool.
- I love having the opportunity to mentor and coach my kids spiritually and academically.
- Having them at home has allowed our family to be so much closer than we would have been otherwise! I love our relationships, especially at the high school ages.
- It has given us so many treasured memories over the years!
- Our kids have had educations that suited their specific needs and learning styles.
- It’s been easier separating from the popular culture and not feeling the pressure to have to have certain things or wear certain brands — things other parents struggle with, even in our church.
- I have always been a life-long learner and have loved passing that passion and perspective on to them.
- As Christian parents, we are fulfilling our command to raise godly generations.
- Homeschooling has peeled away layers and layers of self-centered grunge from my soul. (Still have layers to go, it’s good I have a little longer….)
- It has enabled me to be in a coaching role for newer/younger homeschool moms, which has been a blessing!
- Homeschooling keeps my priorities aligned as I strive to be a godly example to our kids.
Let’s hear your top ten!