British Literature: a Study in British Writers
Our British Literature course for high school students connects excellent literature to significant historical events, expanding your students’ understanding of literature and history.
Using real, living, books instead of dull textbooks, your student will study written works of powerful British authors and poets such as:
- William Shakespeare (pictured on our cover)
- Geoffrey Chaucer
- Charlotte Bronte
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Charles Dickens
- Oscar Wilde
- Jane Austen
- C.S. Lewis
Our British Literature is a full-year, high school level course. In this course, your homeschooled high school student will study two plays, multiple selections of poetry, and one selection of epic poetry, several short stories, and four novels.
Additionally, British Literature incorporates the essay writing skills taught in our Essay Styles for High School course. In fact, we recommend Essay Styles as a prerequisite to all of our literature and history courses. (Essay Styles may also be taken at the same time as any of our literature or history courses.)
This is what a homeschool mom and co-op teacher said about British Literature:
Our book selections will keep your student’s attention. Our teaching methods will help your students learn.
British Literature: a Study of British Writers
- Easy for you to teach, our British Lit course includes short book summaries, clear objectives, and step-by-step instructions written to your student.
- Your high school student will gain a deeper understanding of literary devices and analysis with this literature course.
- Engaging and customizable to fit your student, British Literature offers a variety of assignment choices using different learning styles.
- Pump up your student’s high school transcript with our optional honors track.
- Simple for you to grade your student’s work with our detailed evaluation directions, rubrics, and grading tips.
- Especially helpful for your more visual or structural students with our graphic organizers/notebooking pages for literary components, including plot-mapping and characterization.
- Build your high school student’s SAT and ACT vocabulary with our vocabulary lists and activity ideas.
British Literature: a Study in British Writers is 104 pages and available in two formats: already printed in black and white and coil bound, or as an immediate digital download you may print yourself.