British Literature connects excellent literature to significant historical events, expanding your students’ understanding of literature and history.
In addition to a better understanding of British history, reading excellent writing will also help your high schooler develop solid writing skills!
Using “living” books instead of dull textbooks, your student will study written works of powerful British authors and poets such as:
- William Shakespeare (pictured on our cover)
- Geoffrey Chaucer
- Charlotte Bronte
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Charles Dickens
- Oscar Wilde
- Jane Austen
- C.S. Lewis.
Our British Literature is a full-year, high school level course. Your homeschooled high school student will study two plays, multiple selections of poetry, and one selection of epic poetry, several short stories, and four novels.
British Literature incorporates the essay writing skills taught in our Essay Styles for High School course. In fact, we recommend that course as a prerequisite to all of our literature and history courses. (Essay Styles may also be taken at the same time as any of our literature or history courses.)
British Literature; a Study of British Writers
- Easy for you to teach, our British Lit course includes short book summaries, clear objectives, and step-by-step instructions written to your student.
- Your high school student will gain a deeper understanding of literary devices and analysis with this literature course.
- Engaging and customizable to fit your student, our course offers a variety of assignment choices using different learning styles.
- Pump up your student’s high school transcript with our optional honors track.
- Simple for you to grade your student’s work with our detailed evaluation directions, rubrics, and grading tips.
- Especially helpful for the more visual or structural students with our graphic organizers/notebooking pages for literary components, including plot-mapping and characterization.
- Build your high school student’s SAT and ACT vocabulary with our vocabulary lists and activity ideas.
British Literature: a Study in British Writers is 104 pages, printed black and white and coil bound.