You feel like a ping-pong ball, bouncing back and forth between your kids’ schoolwork, piles of homeschooling books and supplies, cleaning, and cooking. And maybe even a part-time job.
You dreamed you could provide your kids lifegiving homeschooling. But both you and they are bored and at odds with each other trying to get through a dry curriculum and a tedious routine.
You want to be a godly mom and raise your kids with a grace-filled, Biblical foundation. And you also want a successful and productive homeschool. But you have no idea how to do it. The lifegiving homeschooling and happy home you crave seem so out of reach.
I believe you can provide your kids lifegiving homeschooling and still balance your other responsibilities.
You just need to learn how!
What homeschool moms are saying about Train up a Child Publishing:
Imagine for a moment…
Smoothly flowing days where everyone is “on the same team” and your kids get their schoolwork done without nagging…Finishing your daily read-aloud snuggled with your kids on the sofa, with them begging you to keep reading…Being at peace, knowing you’re doing everything you need to do, and nothing you don’t.
When you become a member of the Train up a Child Publishing community, you’ll learn how to provide your kids lifegiving homeschooling while still balancing your daily responsibilities.
Sign up below to get my free checklist, “25 Terrific Tips to Transform your Christian Homeschool.”
Welcome, I’m Dana!
When I started homeschooling, I was a hot mess, bouncing between the kids’ schoolwork, piles of books and supplies, cleaning and cooking, and a part-time job. I was stressed and overwhelmed. I wanted to have the homeschool experience I’d dreamt about, but I fell woefully short. And when did I become such a grump?!
I knew that the foundation for homeschooling had to be the same as for Christian parenting: a Christ-centered, mentoring relationship between me and my kids. But somehow, I’d lost sight of that fact.
Eventually, I figured out I had to get back to the basics. Somehow I’d expected it to all run well on its own “automagically.” I’d worried too much about the academic and teaching part of homeschooling, without loving my kids as well as I wanted and needed to.
And I didn’t have a plan for how homeschooling would totally change our lives. I needed to learn better habits and systems for getting daily jobs done, and I had to teach them to my kids, too. Only then could I concentrate on truly bringing my kids’ homeschooling education to life.
Once I prioritized and simplified, I had the mental bandwidth to focus on homeschooling. I became a student of how my kids learned. And I read lots of learning and brain research. Thankfully, I transitioned into more of the coach and mentor I wanted to be. And less of a grumpy taskmaster. And although I made plenty of mistakes (!), it turned out to be the best parenting decision we ever made.
Now I’ve had the joy of seeing our kids get accepted and graduate from both college and graduate school. And more importantly, they still love Jesus and their parents. In fact, as our children are now grown, I consider them my best friends.
“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old, he will not depart from it.” ~Proverbs 22:6
How can I help you provide your kids lifegiving homeschooling?
Here are a few places to start:
- Read more about how to provide your kids lifegiving homeschooling with these three principles.
- You can learn how to better balance homemaking and homeschooling by reading 11 Tips to Simplify Your (Homeschool) Life.
- If you want to bring your kids’ homeschool education to life, use real, living books to teach instead of boring textbooks.
- If you like putting together your own curriculum (or always wanted to!) check out our Unit Program Tools for kindergarten through high school, based on the chronological study of history using Charlotte Mason methods and written from a Christian worldview.
- Or if you prefer an open-and-go curriculum, our Daily Lesson Plans cover history, science, language arts, and fine arts for one school year, in one easy-to-follow volume.
- Spice up your high school students’ coursework with our literature-based, customizable High School courses that cover all the literature, English electives, and history courses your high schooler needs.
What homeschool moms are saying about our curriculum:
So let’s get started!
If you didn’t already, make sure to join my community to hear from me weekly-ish. I’ll alert you to new blog posts. I’ll encourage you, and give you:
- tips about how to make learning stick
- great books you won’t want to miss
- how to build special relationships with your kids
- free lesson plans
- an occasional head’s up about other homeschooling tools that will help bring your kids’ homeschool education to life!
- as my thank you, I’ll send you a printable checklist, my “25 Terrific Tips to Transform your Christian Homeschool“.
And let’s get to know each other!
Do you have any questions? Anything you’d like to ask me or tell me about? Fill out the contact form below my signature and say hello! I would really love to hear from you!