Use our unstructured Unit Program Tools to teach how YOU want to teach, rather than having a pre-planned, checkbox homeschool curriculum that tells you exactly what to say, what to do, and when to do it.
Have you always wanted to create your own curriculum? Create something that would work well with your multi-ages and learning styles? Or love mixing and matching different curricula? Use our Unit Program Tools to create exactly what you want without starting from scratch.
Study history, science, language arts, and fine arts together, organized within the framework of nine historical units covering from Creation to Modern.
- Read the Teacher’s Overview for the unit, covering the significant events and people in each time period
- Decide what you want to cover.
- Easily choose from the best-of-the-best in childrens’ literature, divided by time period and topic.
- Gather your books from your public library or from Amazon.com
- Choose from our project ideas which history and science activities you would like to do for each unit.
- Select copy work from the history and science books you have gathered for each of your students, using our English Checklist for your child’s level to make sure you don’t miss anything important.
- Decide the music and artist for the unit from our fine art suggestions to round out your study of the historical period.
- Get started!
Then simply journal what you do with each student! If you go off on a rabbit trail, no problem! You can move through the units at your own pace.
Our Unit Programs include:
- Nine historical units, beginning with Creation and ending with Modern
- One Resource Unit with spine and other across-the-units resource suggestions to enhance your study
- Three to ten page Teacher’s Overviews of each historical period describing key events and people
- Book lists of the best children’s literature available, pre-read by the authors and screened for quality writing, anti-Christian bias, and often beautiful illustrations – all divided by topic within the subjects of history, science and fine arts (with 400+ book suggestions in each of the four age levels)
- A 100+ page Teacher’s Manual describing how to teach and evaluate history, science, language arts and fine arts. (We have two manuals — one for Kindergarten through Fifth Grade and one for Sixth Grade through High School.)
- Included in the automatic download are customizable forms for planning, graphic organizers, note booking pages, language arts helps, and more.
- Nine printable, cut-apart laminate-able history bookmarks corresponding to our nine units.
Note: these are now exclusively offered as digital programs. When you purchase one or more of our unit programs, you’ll receive a downloadable link that can be downloaded and used only by your immediate family. The link is good for 180 days.
Your children can easily study the same history periods and topics at the same time with our Unit Program Tools! Share family discussions, have your children listen to each other’s narrations and reports, enjoy high-interest read-alouds as a family, and let your kids work on lapbooks, notebooking pages and projects together – all on your own timetable and at your own pace.
Our Unit Program Tools are available from Kindergarten through High School
Click on links below to read more about each program and see samples.