Do you remember writing a research paper?
Even if you don’t remember the first thing about writing a research paper, you don’t have to worry.
Why? Because we’ve created a simple guide to show you how to teach research paper writing to your highschooler. From selecting a topic to presenting a formal draft…we break down the parts of writing a research paper into easy to follow, manageable steps.
This easy-to-teach, one semester high school level English elective is written directly to your student. It includes activities designed to teach each necessary skill to writing a formal research paper. Not only that, it also has clear instructions to help you evaluate your student’s work.
This course includes the added bonus of an example research paper (with its outline) written by a real high school student!
Ideally your student should write two research papers during high school. Fortunately, you may use this non-consumable course over and over again for one student or ten!
The Steps to Writing a Research Paper is 76 pages, printed black and white and coil bound.
Features of our Research Paper writing course include:
- Activities and graphic organizers help your student with research, note-taking, bibliography and paper organization.
- Detailed evaluation instructions give you confidence your instructions are clear and you’re evaluating fairly. (Even if you aren’t a strong writer yourself.)
- A full length outline and research paper example with bibliography, written by an actual high school student, so you and your student can see an example of high school level work.
- Optional honors track available, allowing you to award honors credit if you want to.
- Specific academic writing problems and techniques addressed in detail, such as plagiarism, writing transitions, footnote instructions in MS Word, self-editing, and more, to help your student with the difficult areas!