Do you remember writing a research paper?
Even if you don’t remember the first thing about writing a research paper, you don’t have to worry. All you need is our high school course, The Steps to Writing a Research Paper.
Why? Because we’ve created a simple guide to show you step-by-step on how to teach research paper writing to your highschooler. Even if you don’t see yourself as a writer, you can do this with our research-writing course for high school. From selecting a topic to presenting a formal draft…we break down the parts of writing a research paper into easy to follow, manageable steps.
This easy-to-teach, essential one-semester high school level English elective is written directly to your student. Not only that, but it also has clear instructions to help you evaluate your student’s work.
This course includes the added bonus of an example research paper (with its outline) written by an actual high school student!
Ideally, your student should write two research papers during high school. Fortunately, you may use this non-consumable course over and over again for one student or ten!
Our teaching methods will help your students learn how to write a formal research paper:
- Your student will sail through the process of learning to write a research paper with our activities and graphic organizers to help with research, note-taking, bibliography and paper organization.
- You’ll have confidence in teaching your student to write a research paper, even if you aren’t a strong writer yourself, with our detailed evaluation instructions give you confidence your instructions are clear and you’re evaluating fairly. (Even if you aren’t a strong writer yourself.)
- Both you and your student will benefit by examining a full-length outline and research paper example with bibliography, written by an actual high school student.
- Pump up your student’s high school transcript with our optional honors track.
- Your student’s writing ability will soar with our teaching on specific academic writing problems and techniques addressed in detail, such as plagiarism, writing transitions, footnote instructions in MS Word, self-editing, and more.
The Steps to Writing a Research Paper is 76 pages and available in two formats: already printed in black and white and coil bound, or as a digital download that you may print yourself.