Our unstructured Secondary Unit Program will take your student from Ninth through Twelfth Grades in history, language arts and fine arts.
Using our pre-read and carefully selected book suggestions, assignment ideas and resources lists, you can give your student(s) a Charlotte Mason-type education that will be engaging and effective! In addition to the timeline,map skills, writing and narration ideas, our high school unit program includes a Scripture lesson and time management skill instruction per unit!
- You’ll easily be able to choose books and plan high school courses as we let you know possible course credits for each book suggestion. You could teach American/British/World History, American/British/World Literature, World Geography, Missions and more! (Note that we do not cover high school science in this program.)
- You can tailor book choices to your student’s reading level as we mark books more challenging, challenging or less challenging, depending on their length and vocabulary.
- You can choose books that fit your student’s learning style because we identify materials that are available in auditory or more visual formats.
- Your student will have a multitude of suggested history writing, map, timeline, narration, fine arts and project assignments to choose from, and additional sections are provided in this high school curriculum for unit Bible memorization/devotions, organizational and time management techniques and multi-age activities.
- This homeschool high school curriculum includes unit lists of people, places and topics for further research.
Sample Secondary IMMIGRATION Unit here. (Note that although the sample unit is shown in color, it is actually printed in black and white.)
If you would like additional support planning your own literature-based courses, pick up our instructional e-book: Design Your Own Literature-based High School Courses. (Immediate download).
I can see how to teach history with whole books, but what about Language Arts?
Our Teacher’s Manual included in the Secondary Unit Program will teach you how to teach and evaluate language arts, including how to teach oral and written narrations and use them for evaluation, more advanced writing assignment ideas, how to use students’ compositions to teach grammar and spelling, as well as a crucial section on teaching and evaluating high school writing. (Our parents love that section!)
What’s in the Box?
Secondary Unit Program (Complete Unit Program)
Our Secondary Unit Program includes a white, one inch view binder including nine historical units and one resource unit covering from Ancients through Modern times, a separate 100+ page, spiral bound Teacher’s Manual covering Sixth through Twelfth Grades, a Tools CD or download of customizable forms, graphic organizers and other resources, and nine cut-apart history bookmarks corresponding to our nine units. Note that although the sample unit is shown in color, it is actually printed in black and white.
Secondary Unit Program – Notebook only
Our Secondary Unit Program Notebook includes nine historical units and one resource unit covering from Ancients through Modern times.
Make it easy on yourself by picking up our e-book to teach you step-by-step how to plan your own high school courses!
Train up a Child Publishing offers literature-based homeschool curriculum from Kindergarten through High School, all written from a Christian worldview. From our unstructured, Charlotte Mason-style Unit Programs, to our structured Daily Lesson Plans and our popular High School Courses, we have you covered!