Take your high school student from 9th through 12th grade English with our High School Literature Digital Bundle, saving a whopping 50% off the regular price. These four courses cover all four years of high school literature study that every homeschooled high school student needs.
The High School LIterature Digital Bundle includes the following four courses as immediate digital downloads at half off the regular price:
- General Literature (developed specifically for 9th graders or 8th graders who are ready for high school level work)
- American LIterature: a Study of American Writers
- British Literature: a Study of British Writers
- World Literature: a Study of International Writers
Even better, all four of these literature-based high school courses use real, whole books (available at Amazon.com or at your local library) instead of boring textbooks. Additionally, like our other high school courses, they are Charlotte Mason-inspired AND are written from a Biblical worldview.
We generally recommend these courses in the order listed above, but you may use them in any order that works with your homeschool schedule.
But why do we study high school literature, anyway?
For many reasons! Studying English and literature in high school offers your homeschooled student a chance to:
- experience different cultures, time periods, and events almost as if they were there in person
- learn how to construct a cogent argument in writing and back it up with solid reasoning
- discover how different people think about things and deal with the circumstances they encounter
- process their own emotions and deepen their understanding of who they are and what they believe
- help your high school students see possibilities, practice thinking critically, and learn to appreciate other points of view
Besides, if your children are college-bound, four years of high school English are required!