The above are all very valid questions that teachers have asked us when we assist them in using our curriculum in their classrooms. Some of our authors, who had been teachers for many years prior to homeschooling, particularly understand the challenges faced when you want to incorporate the best curriculum but need it to work within a classroom environment.
Using our curricula in a classroom allows:
- Your students to read and respond to great literature.
- You to integrate subject areas in order to teach more in a shorter period of time.
- For immersion into subject matter which leads to greater student engagement, stronger comprehension and a higher retention rate.
- For students to learn to think rather than simply read and regurgitate facts.
- You to create a room full of kids who love to read and love to learn.
Practical ways to utilize Train up a Child Publishing Curricula in your classroom and your school:
- You read aloud to your students.
- Older students ‘visit’ to read aloud to your students.
- Students rotate through stations (examples: listen to a book chapter on tape, work on mini-books to create lapbooks, maps/timelines/historically related assignments, writing assignments related to the book or time period)
- Develop study groups and project groups.
- Have students orally narrate as they read. This can be singly, in pairs or in a group.
- Students working in pairs can design reports, reviews, etc., on various books and subjects.
- Assign each student a different mini–research topic to cover those that are not directly addressed in the whole books.
- Work with other teachers, on the same or different grade levels, to create time period or other theme projects (Renaissance or other historical festivals, reenactments, subject-related thematic events, etc.)
- Get parents involved by having parent/student teams work on reading books together and making presentations.
What makes Train up a Child Publishing a superior curriculum choice?
The emphasis on Biblical values, valuable literature, concrete science concepts, varied learning styles, strong writing skills, and fine arts is attractive and satisfying to teachers, administrators and parents alike. Students love the switch to whole books and varied activities, leaving uninteresting texts and evaluations readily behind them!
For more information about using our curricula in the classroom, (as well as the answers to all the questions at the top of the page!) continue here.
To find out more about using Train up a Child Unit Programs, Daily Lesson Plans and High School courses in your private or cottage school, including pricing information for one classroom or multi-classroom licensing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your phone number if you would prefer to discuss your needs on the phone, along with times you are available to talk. We will confirm a phone appointment by email.
What do others have to say?
“I love the Creation to Modern in one year approach! The kids seem to be getting so much and really have remembered a lot from last year (Kindergarten) to this. Thank you so much for all of y’alls time, help and words of wisdom!”
–Rhonda, former administrator, Lowcountry Christian Community School, SC
“My name is Blythe R. and I recently moved here to Florida. Last year I taught 2nd grade at [private Christian school in SC] and LOVED using your curriculum! The students really enjoyed the books and the hands on activities! I told my new school administrator about Train up a Child Publishing and she is very interested about using it here!”
–Blythe, teacher at private Christian school, FL