Kudos – Another Year Done!
You have worked hard this year, homeschool mom! You are winding down or maybe even finished for this year, finally. Great job! It’s time to take stock and objectively evaluate your homeschooling year.
Please don’t beat yourself up — it truly gets easier as you learn more about homeschooling and how your kids learn. Most will “settle in” between years two and three — so don’t feel badly about it! You are learning as you go, and that is okay!
Evaluate your homeschool year
- What did you do this last year that went well?
- What didn’t go so well?
- What habits do you need to brush up on during this break — of yours?
- Of your children’s?
- Did your curriculum work well for you this year?
- Did it inspire your kids, or were they unengaged and bored?
- Do you need to investigate alternatives for next year?
- Do you need to review or create a mission statement to help you get through the tougher times?
- What did you not have time for that you would like to include next year? Picture study for your younger students? Picture study for your older ones? Hymn study? Music study?