Take your children from Kindergarten through 2nd grade with our unstructured Primary Unit Program.
Tired of trying to put together your own curriculum, year after year? Try our Primary Unit Program tools — nine history/topical units from Creation through Modern. Learn to teach history, language arts, science and fine arts using real, living books! With our Primary Unit Program:
- your primary students will read beautifully illustrated picture books and high interest chapter books
- you’ll have a framework from which to teach while giving your children understanding of the “flow of history” with our Creation-to-Modern format
- you’ll keep your student’s interest and attention by moving to fresh material quickly
- your homeschoolers will learn strong basic science concepts with colorful illustrations and readable content
- children will be ready when it’s time to write with this relaxed, unstructured program emphasizing pre-writing skills
- you and your primary student will have a large variety of hands on projects/activities to choose from that will help develop fine motor skills while increasing interest and retention in both history and science
I understand about using whole books to teach history and science, but I’m not so sure about the language arts…
Our Teacher’s Manual, included in the Primary Unit Program will teach you how to teach language arts. It includes how to teach narration and simple dictation. Also included are phonics checklists and instructions, spelling and handwriting instructions, a Dolch Sight Word List by grade level and complete instructions how to choose copy work and use it to teach language arts using the same books you are using for history and science.
Do you already have a phonics program you like? No problem. You can use the Primary Unit Program with a phonics or language arts program you already have on your shelf.
What’s included in the Primary Unit Program?
Our Primary Unit Program includes nine historical units and one resource unit covering from Creation through Modern times. It also includes a 100+ page Teacher’s Manual covering Kindergarten through Fifth Grades, a folder of downloadable digital forms, graphic organizers and other resources, and a digital file with nine printable cut-apart history bookmarks corresponding to our nine units.
Note: this is a digital product and you’ll be sent a download link as soon as we receive your payment.
How do I use the Primary Unit Program?
Simply read our 100+ page Teacher’s Manual for how to teach history, language arts, science, and fine arts. Then begin your preparations:
- Read the Teacher’s overview for each unit
- Choose from our book suggestions labeled by unit and topic and gather your books
- Pick out the assignments and projects from our suggestions
- Choose a few English skills you want to work on for each week from our checklists
- Choose the copywork illustrating those skills from your history and science books (we teach you how)
- Have your children narrate over their reading
- Journal what you and your children read and do
And that’s it!