Our unstructured Primary Unit Program will take your student from Kindergarten through Second Grade in history, language arts, science, and fine arts.
Using our pre-read and carefully selected book suggestions, assignment ideas and resources lists, you can give your student(s) a Charlotte Mason-type education that will be engaging and effective!
- Your primary students will read beautifully illustrated picture books and high interest chapter books you collect from our pre-read suggestions.
- Using our Creation-to-Modern format will give your children a sense of the “flow” of history and keep them engaged as you move to fresh material quickly.
- Your homeschoolers will learn strong basic science concepts with colorful illustrations and engaging, readable content in the books that you gather from our suggestions.
- This relaxed, unstructured curriculum emphasizes pre-writing skills, enabling your homeschool student to be ready when it’s time to write.
- You and your primary student will have a large variety of hands on projects and activities to choose from that will help develop fine motor skills while increasing interest and retention in both history and science.
Sample Primary MIDDLE AGES unit here. (Note that although the sample unit is shown in color, it is actually printed in black and white.)
I understand about using whole books to teach history and science, but what about Language Arts?
Our Teacher’s Manual, included in the Primary Unit Program will teach you how to teach language arts. It includes how to teach narration and simple dictation. Also included are phonics checklists and instructions, spelling and handwriting instructions, a Dolch Sight Word List by grade level and complete instructions how to choose copy work and use it to teach language arts using the same books you are using for history and science.
Do you already have a phonics program you like? No problem. You can use the Primary Unit Program for language arts OR use it with another phonics program you have on your shelf.
What’s in the Box?
Primary Unit Program (Complete Unit Program)
Our Primary Unit Program includes a white, one inch view binder including nine historical units and one resource unit covering from Creation through Modern times. It also includes a separate 100+ page, spiral bound Teacher’s Manual covering Kindergarten through Fifth Grades, a Tools CD or download of customizable forms, graphic organizers and other resources, and nine cut-apart history bookmarks corresponding to our nine units. Note that although the sample unit is shown in color, it is actually printed in black and white.
Primary Unit Program – Notebook only
In the Unit Program Notebook you will get nine historical units and one resource unit covering from Creation through Modern times contained in a white, one inch view binder, printed in black and white.
Train up a Child Publishing offers literature-based homeschool curriculum from Kindergarten through High School, all written from a Christian worldview. From our unstructured, Charlotte Mason-style Unit Programs, to our structured Daily Lesson Plans and our popular High School Courses, we have you covered!