Take your children from Third through Fifth Grades with our unstructured Intermediate Unit Program.
Tired of trying to put together your own curriculum, year after year? Try our Intermediate Unit Program tools — nine history/topical units from Creation through Modern. Learn to teach history, language arts, science and fine arts using real, living books! Some benefits of using our our Intermediate Unit Program are:
- Our Creation-to-Modern format will give you a framework to teach from while giving your children a sense of the “flow” of history
- Your student will be more engaged and focused by moving to fresh material more quickly
- Intermediate students will see history in more detail than in the Primary Unit Program.
- Your student will read stronger, more specific content in the science books we recommend for Intermediate students.
- Your Intermediate homeschoolers will gently experience more structured writing assignments as they move from 3rd through 5th grades
- You’ll be able to choose books that appeal to different learning channels by including maps, timelines, and outstanding illustrations.
- Intermediate students will have a larger choice of more challenging activities than in the Primary Unit Program.
I understand how I’d teach history and science with books. But what about Language Arts?
Our Teacher’s Manual included in the Intermediate Unit Program will teach you how to teach language arts. It’s easy! We teach you how to teach narration, dictation, as well as how to choose and display copy work. And you’ll learn to teach grammar and punctuation using the same books you are using for history and science.
Additionally, our Teacher’s Manual includes spelling checklists, a Dolch Sight Word List by grade level and lots of graphic organizers, tools and ideas to help you teach and evaluate writing, spelling and vocabulary.
Already have a language arts program you like? No problem. Use the Intermediate Unit Program for language arts OR use it with another program you already have on your shelf.
What’s included in the Intermediate Unit Program?
Our Intermediate Unit Program includes nine historical units and one resource unit, beginning at Creation and ending with Modern times. Along with the nine units, our Intermediate Unit Program includes a separate 100+ page, spiral bound Teacher’s Manual covering Kindergarten through Fifth Grades. You’ll also receive a download of customizable forms, graphic organizers and other resources and a digital file of nine cut-apart history bookmarks corresponding to our nine units.
Note: This is a digital product. You’ll receive the download link as soon as your payment is received.
How do I use the Intermediate Unit Program?
Simply read our 100+ page Teacher’s Manual for how to teach history, language arts, science, and fine arts. Then start your study:
- Read the Teacher’s overview for each unit.
- Choose from our book suggestions labeled by unit and topic and gather your books
- Pick out the assignments and projects from our suggestions
- Choose a few English skills you want to work on for each week from our checklists
- Choose the copywork illustrating those skills from your history and science books (we teach you how)
- Have your children narrate over their reading
- Journal what you and your children read and do.
And that’s it!