Our unstructured Intermediate Unit Program takes your student from Third through Fifth Grades in history, language arts, science and fine arts.
Using our pre-read and carefully selected book suggestions, activities ideas and resources lists, you can give your student(s) a Charlotte Mason-type education that will be engaging and effective!
- Your Intermediate students will see history in greater detail as we suggest books for more advanced readers than in the Primary Unit Program.
- Your student will read stronger, more specific content in the science books listed.
- Your homeschooled student will gently move toward more structured writing assignments, progressing from third through fifth grades.
- You’ll be able to choose books that fit your child’s learning styles as you’ll know in advance which recommended books include maps, timelines, outstanding illustrations and more. (This also helps you select more varied materials.)
- Your student will have a larger variety of more challenging hands on project and activity choices than in the Primary Unit Program.
See sample unit here. (Note that although the sample unit is shown in color, it is actually printed in black and white.)
I understand how I’d teach history and science with books. But what about Language Arts?
Our Teacher’s Manual included in the Intermediate Unit Program will teach you how to teach language arts. It instructs you how to do narration, dictation and choose copy work to teach grammar and punctuation, using the same books you are using for history and science. It also includes spelling checklists, a Dolch Sight Word List by grade level and lots of graphic organizers, tools and ideas to help you teach and evaluate writing, spelling and vocabulary.
Already have a language arts program you like? No problem. You can use the Intermediate Unit Program for language arts OR use it with another program you have on your shelf.
What’s in the Box?
Intermediate Unit Program (Complete Unit Program)
Our Intermediate Unit Program includes a white, one inch view binder including nine historical units and one resource unit. The Units begin at Creation and end with Modern times. Along with the units, our complete unit program includes a separate 100+ page, spiral bound Teacher’s Manual covering Kindergarten through Fifth Grades. A Tools CD or download of customizable forms, graphic organizers and other resources and nine cut-apart history bookmarks corresponding to our nine units round out the program. Note that although the sample unit is shown in color, it is actually printed in black and white.
Intermediate Unit Program – Notebook only
The Unit Program Notebook includes nine historical units covering Creation through Modern times as well as a Resources unit in a white, one inch view binder. The units are printed in black and white.
Train up a Child Publishing offers literature-based homeschool curriculum from Kindergarten through High School, all written from a Christian worldview. From our unstructured, Charlotte Mason-style Unit Programs, to our structured Daily Lesson Plans and our popular High School Courses, we have you covered!