…Reading [your ten] inspired me to think of my own 10 Reasons of Why I love Homeschooling! I apologize if they are a little wordy but I hope it is helpful to read some from a student’s perspective!
1. My education had a spiritual element that gave it depth and eternal significance. It was an instrument in the hand of the Lord to teach me more about Him and the world He created. Everything I learned was part of a greater and more glorious big picture!
2. Getting to spend sweet times together with my family was part of my daily routine.
3. My classmates were my best friends and their siblings. They were of all ages and often possessed a rare maturity and authenticity.
4. The supportive home schooling community felt like a big family. My teachers were moms and dads that I looked up to and I knew loved and cared about me.
5. It gave me a beautiful picture of the incredibly heroic and important calling that God places on a wife and mother.
6. Learning was an exciting, never ending endeavor. It was defined as a life-long pursuit instead of a chore.
7. It provided me the flexibility to explore topics that interested me and allowed me more control over what I wanted to study.
8. An emphasis was placed on personal character development and integrity. I learned many valuable life lessons that could never have been gleaned from textbooks.
9. Opportunities for class credit popped up everywhere! A trip to the grocery store became a lesson in financial management and a fun trip to a historic plantation was a field trip for history (as long as we promised to read every plaque and write a summary paper on our experience and findings
10. I learned that when all is said and done it is my responsibility to master the material laid before me and learning finds its purpose, as everything else, in glorifying our Lord!